At Market Harborough C of E Academy, we believe in the power of learning to transform all our children’s life chances, whatever their starting points. At MHCE, children enjoy their learning; they make strong progress and achieve well.
Through our knowledge rich, rounded and coherent curriculum, with strong sports and creative arts provision, we aim to equip our children with the information, skills, vocabulary, and personal characteristics which will help to ensure they can live life in all its fullness and make a positive contribution to the communities they belong to. Throughout their time in our school, we encourage our pupils to create outcomes which showcase excellence in various forms - effective communication, building community and showcasing creativity; and make a difference to the community they serve.
Our vision statement ‘Growing Together in God’s Love,’ our values and golden threads reflect the foundational ethos of our school. These form the beating heart of our school and are central to all we aspire to be and do. Our aim is to cherish all those who walk through our doors and, in turn, encourage each of us to ‘love our neighbours as ourselves’ and recognise our role in our community. Our desire is for every child to leave C of E with our school values engraved on their hearts - knowing that everyone is important and seeing their uniqueness as a gift.
Our curriculum aims to develop citizens who
- Are a hope for humanity at a local, national, and global level through their service to the wider community; exemplifying ‘love our neighbour.’
- Are strong stewards of our earth, recognising the interdependence of our world and its future sustainability.
- Are respectful; developing an understanding of different cultures, faiths and the richness of the world we live in.
- Aspiring to ‘live life in all its fullness’ [John 10:10], knowing who we are and knowing our own self-worth
- Aspire to the very highest expectations of themselves and others, demonstrating the very best standards of conduct, moral purpose and integrity.
- Are confident, articulate communicators who can lead safe, healthy, and hopeful lives.