Vision and Values
Growing together in God’s love
We believe in the power of learning to transform all our children’s life chances. What we teach them now will affect eternity and that is why their education is so important.
Our mission statement ‘Growing together in God’s love’ reflects the nurturing ethos of our school. We are all growing, and we grow best in an environment where we feel important and are valued for who we are.
We aim for all of our children and our staff to be:
- successful, engaged learners who grow in knowledge and skills;
- confident individuals who lead safe, happy and healthy lives, living life in all its fullness;
- caring towards our wider community; working together to serve the common good, and
- welcoming and cherishing towards everyone
Our values are the beating heart of everything that we do and guide us in our everyday lives:
In our school, with God's help, we will:
- Respect ourselves, value others and our environment and show compassion in all that we do.
- Build strong relationships based on good manners, trust, generosity and forgiveness.
- Follow instructions and always try our hardest even when we find things difficult.
- Think carefully about the choices we make and try to be wise and courageous.
- Count our blessings and be grateful for the good things in our world and trust that as each day closes, we have been a better person than we were the day before.
Our Golden Threads run through everything we do at school and help to guide us in how we act. These are:
- Growing Together in God's Love
- Hope for Humanity
- Stewards of the Earth
- A Community of Learners
- Confident Communicators, passionate readers